Know Your Title
What is registered on the property title?
The legal description of a property, including:
- the parcel identification (PID)
- taxation authority
- registered owner and their address
- the title number
- the previous title number
- legal notations against the property (may include heritage)
- charges, liens and interests (under-surface rights, rights of ways, covenants, judgments)
- whether a duplicate title has been ordered and by whom
- transfers and pending applications.
What is not registered on title?
- Archaeological sites.
- Former grow ops and illegal drug labs.
- Heritage designations (not always on title).
- Highway entitlements.
- Stigmatized property.
- Streamside issues – if there are fish-bearing ditches or creeks on the property.
- Underground fuel storage tanks.